Master of Arts, Visual Arts
- Sra. Janet González, Program Assistant
- +56 2 29787502
- Las Encinas N° 3370, Santiago - Chile
Área del conocimiento
Facultad o Instituto
Registration 2019: $139.200 chilean pesos
Cost 2019: $ 3.098.000 chilean pesos
The program has an interdisciplinary nature and an artistic creation focus. It is oriented to form high-level graduates, who are able to develop proposals and production models and artistic creation, demonstrating authority on the management of creative, technical and conceptual tools.
During the stay in the program, the students must work out a proposal of original, autonomous and solid creation, which can be exposed publicly, accomplishing with highest levels of professional demand that requires a staging.
• Two overall curricular activities in which Aesthetics and Philosophy Seminar is a compulsory course, in the second activity the students must choose among seminars offered by Ethics and Political Philosophy mention.
• Four compulsory curricular activities as a seminar of specialization. These activities are about aesthetic problems and arts theoretical problems and his history.
• One elective curricular activity as a colloquium. This activity is destined to present and discuss the investigation advances of the doctoral students and works of the body of professors and guests. Every student must have presented at least one time during his stay in the program.
• Doctoral thesis.
• The students must take a qualification test, approval of which is requirement to continue his permanence at the program; also, they must take a thesis project exam. The minimum regulatory duration to fulfil the plan of study is six academic semesters and maximum is ten academic semesters.
- You must be in possession of an academic degree, Bachelor or Master about philosophy, social sciences, arts or related areas.
- Additionally, you must provide formal background or take an exam to accredit the instrumental domain of a foreign language (English, French or Spanish) and it requires a personal interview with the Academic Committee.
- The Committee could require too an admission exam or define curricular leveling activities.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Spanish language
- Application form
- Copy of Academic, Bachelor or Professional degree
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dossier or Portafolio of projects developed
- Health insurance declaration (international students)
- A letter of Intention which declares the objectives to be achieved within the program and a work proposal of the subject(s) to be presented in the Thesis.
*The requested files must be uploaded to the application site